Summary Assist the Director of Operations in oversight of facility janitorial services by performing the following duties personally or through subordinates:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Maintain and complete the Carlson Center Custodial Services Plan/Schedule with direction from the Director of Operations
- Communicate janitorial maintenance issues
- Primary overall duty is to keep the building in a high state of cleanliness in relevance to event schedule
- Keep a running inventory of janitorial supplies and submit a written request monthly to Director of Operations to purchase supplies and equipment. Any loos or breakage of equipment is to be reported immediately. If, during his/her normal duties discrepancies or vandalism are noticed, he/she must submit a written report to the Director of Operations
- During the week, he/she must also supervise any janitorial staff assigned to the Carlson Center. He/she as the added responsibility of scheduling and supervising the porter/matron working event clean up
- During the winter months, help to keep all outside entries to the arena clear of snow and ice. Putting down gravel if necessary
- Make daily checks of the office for cleanliness and any special instructions assigned from the Director of Operations, and to maintain a continuous line of communication with the Director of Operations so that the building is maintained in the best possible condition
- Utilize his/her responsibility checklist daily, and complete all duties assigned
- Complete UAF Hockey checklist every time necessary.
- Any duties not listed above as assigned.
Assists Director of Operations with management of custodial staff. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with SMG's policies and applicable laws. Assists in training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding; disciplining employees in conjunction with Human Resources; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
1 to 2 years related experience required
Or equivalent combination of education and experience
Supervisory experience desired
Skills and Abilities
Excellent communication, problem solving and organizational skills required
Knowledge of supervisory principles and practices
Ability to coordinate and schedule staff
Excellent good customer service and public relations skills
No computer skills required
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
No certifications are required.
Ability to work with minimal supervision
Ability to work flexible hours based on events, including daytime, evening, weekends and holidays, as needed
Must be able to speak, read, and write English
Must have professional attitude and appearance
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands, the person must be able to climb stairs and walk long distances to access all areas of the facility.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.