Vice President, Regulatory Affairs
Vice President, Regulatory Affairs
$DOE and excellent benefits
This role is responsible for developing and directing regulatory strategy, objectives, analysis, pricing, policies, and programs while providing leadership and oversight of Regulatory Affairs.
If you qualify please apply here or email your resume to peopleak.com today!
Would you like to:
- Develop strategies for accomplishing organizational objectives before the Regulatory Commission of Alaska and ensure strategies are carried out.
- Monitor and evaluate industry trends and changes related to utility cost recovery methodologies, accounting, pricing, and regulation in general and provide financial analyses and recommendations regarding these trends and changes.
- Oversee load research and forecasting activities including the electric revenue forecasting process, rate conversion, and revenue models.
- Oversee preparation and submission of all regulatory filings including general rate case filings, simplified rate filings, fuel and purchased power cost filings, gas contracts, charges and fees, power pooling, line losses, avoided cost rates, special contracts (retail and wholesale), operating tariff changes, special contracts, and filings in support of telecommunications, and natural gas transfer pricing.
- Critically evaluate regulatory filings to ensure that they are complete, well organized, accurate, high-quality, compliant, and presented in a way that facilitates agency review and fulfills the organization’s strategic goals and objectives.
- Represent and advocate corporate regulatory positions before regulators, commission staff, industry colleagues, and interveners or litigants.
- Identify and implement processes, procedures, and solutions for optimization of department functions.
- Build relationships with key members, wholesale customers, industry stakeholders, and utility partners seeking input and alignment on regulatory strategies and goals.
- Communicate the organization’s regulatory philosophy, strategies, and offerings to trade groups, wholesale customers, large commercial customers, and residential customers.
- Build, develop, and retain a talented and engaged team of regulatory affairs professionals, set a compelling vision, and motivate and inspire teams to work effectively both inside the regulatory department, cross-functionally, and with external partners.
- Other duties as required and assigned.
Ideally you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, finance, business, or related field, required. Master’s degree in business, economics, public policy, or related field, preferred.
- Ten (10) years’ experience working for a regulated utility, with similarly complex duties. Experience to include five (5) years working at a manager level, leading teams, or serving as the subject matter expert for regulatory and/or ratemaking processes, required. Supervisory experience in a union utility environment preferred.
- Experience in complex rate-making and applying various approaches to meet cost-of-service requirement(s).
- Experience defending, supporting, and withstanding adversarial proceedings, hearings, and/or cross-examinations(s).
- Knowledge and understanding of ratemaking theory and practice, particularly the various approaches to cost-of-service.
- Ability to excel in fast-paced and deadline-orientated environment.
- Ability to work independently and in a team setting.
- Ability to withstand cross-examination in adversarial regulatory proceedings.
- Knowledge of software requirements and data processing.
- Knowledge of auditing, budgeting, economic, and statistical concepts, principles, and techniques.
- Effective analytical and communication skills.
- Ability to analyze and review non-routine economic, financial, and pricing analysis.
- Ability to prepare thorough, logical, and defensible financial and economic analyses, and rate studies that withstand the scrutiny of regulatory agencies, consumer groups, and other affected parties.
- Results-oriented with strong initiative and accountability.
- Ability to manage and lead others.
PeopleAK is here for you!
Our recruiters have over 50 years of combined experience placing candidates in rewarding roles. This is a free service for job seekers. Contact us today!