The Vice President supports the President and CEO in the day-to-day operations of the Alaska Chamber. The position assists in developing and implementing strategy for advancing the Alaska Chamber’s policy goals, oversees financial activities, and serves as the operations manager.
Essential Job Functions
- Represent the Alaska Chamber in meetings and events in the absence of the President and CEO.
- Provide overall financial oversight and monitoring, including preparing and analyzing financial reports, and ensure that relevant financial data is presented to the President and CEO, Finance and Executive Committees, and Board of Directors when necessary.
- Ensure the ongoing maintenance and updating of information systems and infrastructure, including hardware and software.
- Manage and oversee human resource functions, including benefits administration, regulatory oversight and compliance, and maintaining HR policies and guidelines.
- Provide committee administrative support.
- Monitor and analyze relevant legislative activity as it pertains to the Chamber.
- Support the Legislative Affairs Committee in their efforts to provide counsel and subject matter expertise on legislative issues.
- Draft correspondence related to legislation, regulations, and actions taken by the federal and state government.
- Assist Alaska Chamber team when developing communication strategies in relation to advocacy issues.
Perform other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
5+ years working in government affairs/public policy, very strong written and verbal communication skills, budget management experience, proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, effective working relationships with government officials, ability to prioritize tasks and consistently meet deadlines, must be self-motivated, must be detail oriented, must be able to travel to attend meetings and Alaska Chamber functions as required.
Open until filled.
Please submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
The Alaska Chamber is an Equal Opportunity Employer.