Quality Control Systems Manager
Contract Quality Control System Manager
LOCATION: Fairbanks, Alaska
COMPENSATION: Starting at $75k-$100K Annual Salary
BENEFITS: Over the top benefits package
WORK SCHEDULE: This position’s salary is based on a typical 55-hour work week. Some weekend work is to be expected.
The QCSM shall primarily provide daily construction site support for federal contracts with the United States Army Corps.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Take measures to ensure compliance with contract documents and inform the project manager if these requirements are not being met.
- Implement and supervise the three phase quality control system.
- Generate and conduct weekly coordination meetings with USACE and subcontractors, prepare and confidently lead discussions while taking meeting minutes for preconstruction preparatory meetings, safety meetings, and other meetings as required.
- Provide daily inspection, surveillance, and reports of construction work to determine if the work is in accordance with contract requirements and that completed work conforms to contract requirements. These reports are to be input into RMS daily.
- Generate and complete all testing reports accomplished by all construction trades.
- Witness tests and inspect all plumbing, mechanical, electrical, telecommunications and special systems for contract compliance.
- Coordinate all code required special inspections.
- Facilitate the generation and implementation of all pre-construction submittals such as but not limited to, the Quality Control Plans, Site Safety and Health Plan, Accident Prevention Plan, Environmental Protection Plan, Site Plan, Traffic Control Plan, Demolition and Abatement Plan, and Dig permit.
- Produce and input submittals utilizing RMS.
- Coordinate requests for access, outages, traffic revisions, and temporary utilities that are associated with project sites.
- Maintain orderly working files for correspondence, minutes of meetings and conferences, submittal status log, inspection records, punch lists and contract documents including serial letters, change orders and modifications.
- Participate in pre-final and final inspections, prepare a detailed punch list and check that all punch list items are corrected in a timely manner.
- Maintain accurate as-built drawings to be reviewed by USACE monthly.
- Ensure that accurate dates of activities start, and finish are promptly recorded in RMS.
- Facilitate progress payment percentage complete worksheet for submission of monthly pay estimates.
- Compile and submit Operation and Maintenance manuals.
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be a graduate of an ABET accredited university program in engineering.
- Must have ACOE Certificate – Construction Quality Management for Contractors #784.
- Must be proficient in the use of the Resident Management System. (RMS)
- Must be a self-motivated individual possessing the ability to effectively schedule work tasks and consistently meet stringent deadlines.
- Must demonstrate proficient and effective communications skills, both oral and written.
- Must be a U.S. citizen and able to pass and furnish a background check for military installation access.
- Must submit driving records for inclusion on company vehicle insurance policy.
- Capable of reading and understanding contract drawings and specifications.
- Must have a command of computer software such as Word, Excel, and Adobe.
- Must have knowledge of building and construction crafts.
- Experience on construction projects including a wide range of trades such as civil, electrical, mechanical, HVAC, roofing, and general building construction.
- Other on the job training such as contractor required certifications that become project specific requirements should be anticipated; these are considered to be a natural part of continuing professional development leading to a transitioning into project management.
- Proficiency with Oracle Primavera P-6 scheduling software is preferred.
Never an application fee with TDL Staffing
Begin your application online at www.tdlstaffing.com
Call our office for further information or with questions at 907-455-8300