The Boys & Girls Clubs Club of Fairbanks is seeking a YPD4-Program Coordinator to assist the Executive Director in planning, developing and running youth programs and activities, and supervising youth members in accordance with Boys & Girls Clubs standards and policies and procedures. Efforts will result in a recreation program with high energy and activity level that is highly patronized by members, and an atmosphere that is positive and inviting to all members.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Program Planning & Delivery
- Provide primary leadership role for planning, instruction and implementation of programs and activities. Maintain all program area plans weekly, monthly, and yearly.
- Contribute to an environment that facilitates the achievement of Youth Development Outcomes.
- Youth Development Strategy is used in all interactions with youth.
- Primary role for establishing positive club environment through, but not limited to, ensuring quality bulletin boards, posters, and banners highlighting youth achievement and activities, and reflecting members' work and input.
- Ensure all Club programs meet or exceed Commitment to Quality standards and goals, and involve all staff in evaluation process.
- Ensure programming in five core areas.
- Monitor the maintenance of facility and equipment. Request Maintenance Dept. assistance as necessary.
- Immediately correct safety concerns such as spills, equipment not stored correctly, doors left unlocked, etc.
- Assist in purchasing program supplies and equipment.
- Use positive discipline with members consistently.
- Provide first aid as needed according to certification standards.
- Ensure all Club policies and procedures are implemented and followed consistently.
- Fill in for program staff to minimize interruption of service in staff absences.
- Ensure rules of conduct are enforced; and appropriate guidance and discipline are used with members.
- Provide customer service to adults and other user groups in the facility.
Staff Scheduling, Training & Supervision
- Train and evaluate staff in effective program planning, promotion, and management.
- Assist the Clubhouse Manager in the training, evaluation, and supervision of regular staff, volunteers and junior staff.
- Create an environment that ensures effective staff performance.
- Assist in training of and adherence to all policies and procedures for all staff.
- Make recommendations on personnel hiring, development, and discipline; assist with performance appraisals.
- Develop staff schedules and may supervise staff independently in event of manager absence.
- Provide and refer staff to appropriate training opportunities and follow through w/attendance.
- Complete all required training courses as scheduled and continue to update and maintain current skills.
Reporting & Recordkeeping
- Complete accident and incident reports in accordance with BGC policy and procedures.
- Collect membership and activity fees in accordance with financial policies and procedures.
- Gather information as required using methods consistent with organizational values, policies and legal requirements.
- Maintain statistical information and backup documentation on all program matters, distribute/report information as requested by other Club parties.
- Assist in implementation of Youth Development Outcome measurement tool.
- Provide monthly written reports as requested by supervisors.
- Accurately record hours worked and complete timesheets by required payroll deadline
- Maintain personnel, financial and membership information data in a secure and confidential manner.
- Ensure security of company funds, purchase orders, corporate credit cards, and charge accounts with local vendors.
Member Outreach & Communication
- Coordinate with Community Investment Dept. on production and distribution of permission slips, posters, newsletters, and flyers.
- Conduct new member orientations, check club memberships, check out equipment, and confirm that members have signed in properly.
- Assist in developing and implementing annual membership recruitment plan.
- Promote the visibility of programs, services and activities, internally and externally.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with youth and families
- Plan and implement quarterly family events and regular family communications
- Attend school open houses; proactively facilitate positive relations with schools and agencies that serve youth.
- Identify high needs youth (e.g., those at risk for abuse, neglect, gang involvement, substance abuse, depression, suicide), and report to supervisor for follow-up/profiling. Mandatory reporting of suspected child abuse is required.
- Operate passenger vans or buses to transport children, which requires in some cases obtaining a Commercial Driver’s license, and in all cases adherence to applicable state transportation and federal commercial motor vehicle safety regulations and Boys & Girls Clubs transportation policies/procedures, participation in drug and alcohol screening program, and responsibility for daily and weekly vehicle safety inspections and mileage readings.
React to change productively and handle other essential tasks as assigned
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Special events coordination.
- College coursework in education, youth development or related field, or equivalent experience.
- Solid understanding of youth development, generally acquired through a minimum of 2 years of experience with Boys & Girls Clubs or similar school-age youth program.
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- Effective oral communication, including ability to communicate with youths and get their attention when they are playing and environment is noisy.
- Strong writing and analytical skills.
- Ability to organize and supervise members in a safe manner.
- Ability to maintain good relations with peers and public.
- Ability to work evenings, weekends as required and adapt to schedule changes.
- Must pass criminal records check.
- Current First Aid/CPR certification.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Current Alaska driver’s license and proof of personal automobile insurance.
- Good driving record and three years driving experience.
- Must pass Dept. of Transportation medical exam, and pre-employment drug screen.
- Ability to obtain Commercial Driver's License as necessary.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $15.00 /hour