Summary SMG, the leader in privately managed public facilities, has an excellent and immediate opening for an Operations Manager at the Carlson Center. This position is responsible for the daily activities required to run, maintain, and service the facility and/or the events by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Directs, supervises and schedules all aspects of Operations, including Building and Grounds; Technical Services; Event Services, including ADA compliance; Public Safety; Security; Custodial Services and Parking Departments.
- Responsible for hiring and training staff, as well as administering disciplinary actions when necessary. Works with the General Manager and Human Resources in coordinating annual reviews and disciplinary actions.
- Anticipate problems, and appropriate solutions. Investigates, analyzes and resolved operational problems and complaints.
- Follows all OSHA and safety guidelines. Responsible for the SDS log in the building.
- Skilled in providing exceptional customer service including assessing customer needs, meeting quality standards for service, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Coordinates the Operations activities with other departments and event related contractors to assure facility readiness and smooth operation of events.
- Implements and updates facility rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Provides clear, concise, and timely communication of directives to other departments.
- Assists in the preparation of the Annual Operating Budget and recommends a capital budgets for 1-year and 5-year long-range repairs and improvements to the facility.
- Authorizes the requisition of equipment and supplies within budget guidelines.
- Provides yearly inventory of all equipment.
- Knows and ensures all laws, codes, ordinances, policies, procedures, Risk Management, safety precautions, rules/regulations and emergency procedures are followed.
- Develops program to train all employees on Fire/Life Safety, Emergency and OSHA Procedures.
- Works closely with the General Manager in the preparation and negotiation of Service Agreements. Reviews contracts for compliance with events and /or government specifications and suitability for occupancy.
- Develops and implement preventive maintenance schedules, emergency procedures, safety and Risk Management policies in compliance with all Corporate and governmental regulations.
- Acts as liaison to public utility, environmental, and energy agencies. Assist GM in implementation of any energy saving guidelines.
- Coordinates and oversees special projects, such as construction, remodeling or expansion. Plans and directs outside vendors/contractors work to assure compliance with contracts and safety requirements.
- Serves as MOD (Manager on Duty) as required
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as required
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other building managers, directors, employees, arena tenants, promoters, artists and the public.
- Knowledge of first aid and safety procedures
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to multi-task, cross train and learn new skills quickly
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- 1 to 2 years related experience required
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Supervisory experience desired
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent communication, problem solving and organizational skills required
- Knowledge of supervisory principles and practices
- Ability to coordinate and schedule staff
- Excellent customer service and public relations skills
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have strong computer skills. Experience with Microsoft Office Suite is necessary
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to work flexible hours based on events, including daytime, evening, weekends and holidays, as needed
- Must be able to speak, read, and write English
- Must have professional attitude and appearance
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly expected to move around the facility; tp stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed. Ability to get in and around the facility (requires personal mobility), lifting at least 50 lbs., carrying, moving, climbing (includes ladders), working from various heights, and moderate to loud noises.
NOTE: The company reserves the right to change or modify all job descriptions as needed. This description portrays in general terms the type and levels of work performed and is not intended to be all-inclusive or to represent specific duties of any one incumbent. This document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying the position.
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact 907-451-7800