Government Relations & Branch Manager
GOVERNMENT RELATIONS & FAIRBANKS BRANCH MANAGER
The Associated General Contractors of Alaska is seeking a full-time branch manager and government relations director for our Fairbanks and statewide office. The Associated General Contractors of Alaska is a statewide membership organization whose mission is to advocate for our members and the Alaska construction industry; to provide educational opportunities for our members; and to make the public aware of our members’ skills, talents, and integrity.
The Government Relations & Fairbanks Branch Manager is responsible for the day-to-day operation and maintenance of AGC’s Fairbanks office. This position will work closely with the Executive Director, lobbyist, and Legislative Affairs Committee to identify and manage communication on policy and legislation that impacts our membership. In addition to general office duties, this position is required to coordinate, promote, and solicit sponsorships for a variety of AGC events held in Fairbanks and facilitate AGC training classes and room rentals. It is a goal of this position to increase Interior region membership and participation. This is a semi-flexible, full time position with occasional travel and overtime for special events or training classes. Candidate must have excellent communication skills and possess a strong ability to work independently while collaborating remotely. Duties require partnering closely with the Anchorage office for the benefit of all AGC of Alaska members. Salary DOE. Benefits package includes heath, dental, vision, paid vacation/holidays, and 401k pension plan.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Manage and file all APOC Reports, PAC Reports, and Lobbyist Reports in a timely fashion; coordinate with AGC’s Accountant on the financial aspect and final product
• Coordinate Political Action Committee meetings, selling of PAC tickets, and reporting.
• Help develop annual legislative priorities and strategies
• Staff the Legislative Affairs Committee
• Coordinate and execute the Annual Juneau Fly-In; working closely with AGC’s lobbyist and leadership
• Draft correspondence and testify as needed on behalf of AGC; stating AGC’s positions on projects, legislation, and issues of concern
• Keep apprised of all local, state, and federal issues that may impact the construction industry in Alaska
• Staff the USACE and DOT Steering Committee, as well as manage agency relations
• Demonstrate a commitment to customer service both in person and over the phone
• Have a courteous and professional mannerism
• Field questions on construction projects, meetings, and membership from members and prospective members. Engage the Anchorage office staff in the process as necessary.
• Work with Anchorage events coordinator for Fairbanks content in the statewide AGC monthly and weekly newsletters.
• Actively participate in the recruitment and retention of AGC members
• Inventory, order and pick-up supplies for office, classes & events
• Coordinate training room reservations and rentals, update & maintain inter-office, online and shared training room calendars. Set up training room and conference room for events, classes, and seminars.
• Advertise seminars and training classes.
• Provide assistance, materials and proctoring for all training classes in the Fairbanks office.
• Maintain various software programs, including database and graphics programs.
• Provide administrative assistance to AGC Fairbanks committees
• Coordinate, promote, and solicit sponsorships for 4-5 Fairbanks based events per year, working closely with the Anchorage office to plan and execute.
• Support established partnerships within the University of Alaska Fairbanks and Community College.
• Manage and keep the Fairbanks Task Force up-to-date on all UAF Endowment deadlines.
• All other duties as assigned
• High school diploma or the equivalent and at least five years general business experience.
• 1-3 years of legislative experience
• Strong organizational and time management skills, and sharp attention to detail.
• Ability to organize and prioritize tasks as well as meet deadlines.
• Excellent verbal and written skills.
• Proficient computer skills: Microsoft Office Suite, Internet based applications, and
• database management.
• Must be able to lift 40 lbs.
• Must have early mornings/evenings/weekends available for 4-5 events per year
Please submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Only candidates being considered will be contacted