Upper management position that coordinates and, as appropriate, implements the day to day oversight of clinic’s operations.
Bachelor’s degree in Health Care Administration, Nursing or Public Health
Minimum two years’ experience in a management position, one of which must be in primary care operations plus a year experience supervising staff. Experience in working with medically underserved populations and cultural competency.
1. Working with department supervisors oversees, manages and, as necessary, implements the day to day operations in medical, dental and integrated behavioral health programs to include oversight of customer service and patient flow.
2. Working with Chief Medical Officer and Chief Dental Officer, orient, trains, supervises, monitors, evaluates, coaches operations staff including Clinical Staff Coordinator, Medical Technician and Dental Program Coordinator.
3. Working with Chief Finance Officer monitors operations using established primary care metrics. Prepares and distributes monthly operation and managerial reports.
4. In conjunction with supervisors and officers reviews, revises, develops and evaluates operational policies and procedures to ensure adherence to standards of primary care practice and regulatory/grant compliance.
5. Oversees building, grounds and furniture, fixtures and equipment, security, maintenance, repair processes; orients, supervises, monitors, evaluates and reports on contractor performance.
6. In conjunction with Quality Officer serves as Compliance Officer for day to day operations, including OSHA, Fire and Life Safety policies and procedures, orients and trains staff, volunteers, contractors and other appropriate third parties regarding policy and procedures; monitors and reports on adherence to policy and procedures; and conducts periodic operational risk assessments.
7. Serves as after-hours on-call building contact.
8. Integrates work with key leaders and departments.
9. Remains current with standards of primary health care practice.
10. Networks within community.
11. Complies with center’s policies and procedures.
12. Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Demonstrated professional experience in outpatient health care operations/leadership.
Proficient in computer skills with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Ability to organize and prioritize tasks.
Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
Strong analytical, attention to detail, and problem-solving skills.
Ability to work independently and as a team member.
Demonstrated experience interacting with healthcare providers.