ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION Equipment Source, Inc. (ESI) designs, develops, and builds quality, innovative worksite products for the oil, mining, construction and agriculture industries, while also distributing and servicing Kubota Tractor products.
Founded in 2000, ESI began as a heater reconditioning company for the North Slope oil fields. since then ESI has continued a tradition of innovative designs for extreme industrial applications. Our manufacturing line is largely customer driven, based on the ideas, input, and requests we receive. If there is a need that is not being met by current products in the market, we will design a product to fill the need.
To ensure the highest level of both quality and innovation in our designs, ESI staffs a highly qualified crew that includes mechanical engineers, certified welders, fabricators, technicians, assembly workers, painters, sand blasters, parts and sales personnel. We provide outstanding sales, rentals, support and maintenance.
Our goal at ESI is to ensure customers and staff alike enjoy a positive and professional environment with teamwork as the foundation. If you aspire to quality and excellence, we look forward to the opportunity to review your application.
POSITION Warehouse Specialist DESCRIPTION
Position Summary: Receive, store, issue and deliver materials and other items in a warehouse.
- Pack and unpack items to be stocked on shelves
- Receive and count stock items
- Examine and inspect stock items for wear or defects and report concerns to management
- Store items in an orderly and accessible manner
- Record inventory data using a computer
- Mark stock items using identification labeling system
- Keep workspace and warehouse neat and clean
- Pick-up and deliver items in the Fairbanks area
- Operate company vehicle
- Operate heavy equipment (i.e. forklift, etc.)
- Assist with parts sales as needed
- Observe health and safety precautions required to protect people and property
- Identify potential safety or maintenance issues and communicate them to management
- All other duties as assigned
Education, Knowledge and Skills:
- Valid Alaska Driver’s License required
- Driving record sufficient to meet company insurance standards required
- Warehouse and inventory control experience required
- Experience in a service environment preferred
- Experience operating forklift and other heavy equipment preferred
- Experience with parts sales preferred
- Able to learn, understand and use computer software and hardware, including proficiency in Windows and Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Knowledge of occupational hazards and safety precautions
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision; identifying what needs to be done and following through without instruction
- Able to listen to, read, understand and follow written and/or verbal instructions provided in English
- Able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing with management and co- workers, in a positive, professional and helpful manner, to include taking instruction from multiple sources and communicating with management regarding conflict of priorities
- Able to prioritize and complete tasks in a timely manner
- Able to work effectively both independently and as part of a team
- Able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Able to physically operate a vehicle and a forklift
- Able to perform physical activities that require considerable use of arms, legs, and moving the whole body, to include, but not limited to, sitting, walking, bending, squatting, stooping, twisting, kneeling, reaching, pushing, pulling, lifting, carrying, standing, and climbing and descending stairs; to operate equipment requiring repetitive hand movement and fine coordination including use of office equipment and computer keyboard; to verbally communicate to exchange information; to see and hear within a reasonable range for an office/sales/shop environment with or without correction.
- Attention to Detail – being careful about detail and thorough in completing tasks
- Analytical Thinking – analyzing information and using logic to address issues and problems
- Integrity – being honest and ethical
- Dependability – being reliable, responsible, dependable, and fulfilling obligations
- Cooperation – Being pleasant with others and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude
LOCATION ESI Fairbanks EXEMPT/NON-EXEMPT Non-Exempt FULL-TIME/PART-TIME Seasonal SHIFT Days SCHEDULE Generally Monday through Friday from 8am to 5pm with flexibility for evenings, weekends and overtime as needed. MINIMUM AGE 21 DRUG & ALCOHOL POLICY Equipment Source, Inc. is a drug and alcohol free workplace. EOE STATEMENT Equipment Source, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, national origin, citizenship, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, parental status, marital status, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable law. TO APPLY Click the link to apply online or stop by and see us at to complete an application form