ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION Equipment Source, Inc. (ESI) designs, develops, and builds quality, innovative worksite products for the oil, mining, construction and agriculture industries, while also distributing and servicing Kubota Tractor products.
Founded in 2000, ESI began as a heater reconditioning company for the North Slope oil fields. since then ESI has continued a tradition of innovative designs for extreme industrial applications. Our manufacturing line is largely customer driven, based on the ideas, input, and requests we receive. If there is a need that is not being met by current products in the market, we will design a product to fill the need.
To ensure the highest level of both quality and innovation in our designs, ESI staffs a highly qualified crew that includes mechanical engineers, certified welders, fabricators, technicians, assembly workers, painters, sand blasters, parts and sales personnel. We provide outstanding sales, rentals, support and maintenance.
Our goal at ESI is to ensure customers and staff alike enjoy a positive and professional environment with teamwork as the foundation. If you aspire to quality and excellence, we look forward to the opportunity to review your application.
Summary: Interact with customers to provide information about products and services. Sell spare and replacement parts and equipment.
• Provide a positive and professional image of the Company
• Greet and welcome customers
• Answer business phone, assist customers and direct calls
• Operate office machines, such as photocopiers, scanners, facsimile machines, voice mail systems and personal computers
• Confer with co-workers to coordinate work activities and telephone coverage
• Gather customer or product information to determine customer needs
• Receive and fill orders for parts from stock and place orders when requested items are out of stock
• Receive payment or obtain credit authorization
• Read catalogs or computer displays to determine replacement part stock numbers and prices
• Prepare sales slips and/or contracts
• Explain technical product or service information to customers
• Assist with receiving and counting stock
• Provide support for rental sales and service as needed
• Communicate with employees and managers as needed to meet operational and customer needs, and maintain smooth operation of business functions
• Observe health and safety precautions required to protect people and property
• All other duties as assigned
Education, Knowledge and Skills:
• 1 year experience with parts sales preferred
• 1 year computer experience including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel and Outlook) preferred
• Strong customer service skills and knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service, to include assessing needs, meeting quality standards, and evaluating customer satisfaction
• Strong oral communication skills, to include effectively conveying information to others, and giving full attention to what other people are saying and taking the time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times
• Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar
• Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques, and sales control systems
• Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance
• Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as data entry, managing documents and records, and other office procedures and technology
• Able to prioritize and complete tasks in a timely manner
• Able to work effectively both independently and as part of a team
• Able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
• Able to perform physical activities that require considerable use and dexterity of arms, legs, and moving the whole body, to include, but not limited to, standing, sitting, walking, bending, squatting, stooping, twisting, kneeling, reaching, tugging, pushing, pulling, lifting, carrying, and climbing and descending stairs and ladders; to operate office equipment requiring repetitive hand movement and fine coordination including use of computer keyboard and/or touch pad; to verbally communicate to exchange information; to see and hear within a reasonable range for a sales and/or warehouse environment with or without correction.
• Service Orientation – actively looking for ways to help people
• Attention to Detail – being careful about detail and thorough in completing tasks
• Integrity – being honest and ethical
• Dependability – being reliable, responsible, dependable, and fulfilling obligations
• Cooperation – Being pleasant with others and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude
LOCATION ESI Fairbanks EXEMPT/NON-EXEMPT Non-Exempt FULL-TIME/PART-TIME Full-Time SHIFT Days SCHEDULE Generally Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, with flexibility for occasional evenings and/or weekends as needed MINIMUM AGE 16 DRUG & ALCOHOL POLICY Equipment Source, Inc. is a drug and alcohol free workplace. EOE STATEMENT Equipment Source, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, national origin, citizenship, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, parental status, marital status, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable law. TO APPLY Click on the Apply link, or visit us at 1919 Van Horn Road, Fairbanks, AK to complete an application form