Design Alaska is looking for a charismatic mechanical engineer to join our team. Mechanical Engineering duties typically include:
- Site investigations and writing investigative reports.
- Planning and design of mechanical HVAC systems, plumbing systems, building control systems, utilities, and fire protection including equipment selection, calculations, system layout, code compliance, and drafting.
- Working with a team of designers to develop creative solutions.
- Construction cost estimating.
- Construction administration and construction inspections.
- Occasional in-state travel is required for site visits.
In addition to the general attributes listed above that Design Alaska seeks in all of its new hires, the attributes that Design Alaska seeks in applicants for this position include:
- Enthusiasm in learning new technical skills.
- Experience in leading a successful team of people.
- Bachelors’ degree or higher in mechanical engineering from an ABET accredited university.
- Autodesk, AutoCAD and Revit or similar software experience.