Design Alaska is looking for an enthusiastic and charismatic Civil Engineer to join our team.
Civil Engineering duties typically include:
- Potential site investigations including existing vegetation, soils, utility, and road access.
- Interpretation of geotechnical data obtained from borings and pothole investigations and frozen soils.
- Design of transportation networks and building sites to accommodate vehicles and people in arctic locations.
- Analysis of storm water, drinking water, wastewater, solid waste, and hazardous material impact on design.
- Construction cost estimating. Overseeing construction projects and progress inspections.
- Occasional in-state travel is required for site visits.
In addition to the general attributes listed above that we seek in all of our new hires, the attributes that Design Alaska seeks in applicants for this position include:
- Demonstrate ability to self-learn diverse topics over the breath of civil engineering.
- Interest in environmental engineering to protect public from contaminated soils, asbestos, lead, and pcb’s.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in civil engineering from an ABET accredited university.
- Autodesk AutoCAD and Civil 3D or similar software experience.