Term Assistant Professor of Aviation Technology - UAVs, UAF Community and Technical College
UAF's Community and Technical College has an immediate opening for a Term Assistant Professor of Aviation to join the growing Aviation program. The successful candidate will teach a variety of aviation maintenance technology courses to include work with UAVs / drones. This is a full-time, 9-month, term faculty position complete with both a competitive salary and full employee benefits package.
Teach a variety of aviation technology courses meeting certificate and degree requirements of the programs. Additional duties include academic advising, program marketing and development, grant writing, text evaluation, course revision, curriculum improvement, development of curriculum and web-based courses, community service, and involvement on advisory committees, faculty governance, and search committees.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
Candidates will be evaluated on suitability of their academic preparation, teaching experience, potential for providing high quality instruction to undergraduate students and ability to work as a team player.
The following knowledge, skills and abilities are required:
• Intermediate to advanced computer competency.
• Demonstrated oral/written communication and presentation skills.
• Theoretical and practical knowledge of maintenance and repairs of certificated aircraft under the 14 CFRs.
• Ability to work effectively with the Federal Aviation Administration.
• Ability to maintain safety in program delivery and in the Aviation facility.
Although not required for this position, the following additional knowledge, skills and abilities are preferred:
- Private Pilot certificate
- Commercial Pilot certificate
- Familiarity with Alaskan aviation.
- Experience with rural Alaska and diverse cultures and learning styles.
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
• Experience operating Small Unmanned Aerial Systems (SUAS) or drones (and/or larger UASs) under 14 CFRs.
• Experience with Computer Aided Design and rapid prototyping such as 3D printing.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
Current FAA Remote Pilot Certificate under 14 CFR 107 is required.
Although not required for this position, the education and ratings below are also PREFERRED:
- Associates degree or higher in aviation maintenance or related field.
- Current (as defined in 14 CFR 65.83) FAA Mechanic's Certificate with both Airframe and Powerplant ratings.
This is a full-time, 9-month faculty position complete with both a competitive salary and full employee benefits package. Faculty salaries are based on a variety of factors, including education and experience.