Student Success Director - UAF Community and Technical College
UAF Community and Technical College is seeking a dynamic individual to direct our student success efforts. The successful candidate will champion the shared vision, mission and values of students services within the university and CTC, supporting students from their expression of interest through graduation. This is a full-time, 12-month, exempt staff position complete with both a competitive salary and full employee benefits package. Review of applications will begin immediately, consider applying today!
• Serve as a member of the CTC Management Team, articulate and champion the shared vision, mission and values of students services within the university and CTC, develop and direct both short and long-range student success initiatives, provide continue support for students from recruitment through graduation. • Responsible for the oversight and supervision of advising and tutoring staff as well as student success initiatives at CTC. • Manage the advising services of UAF CTC and work collaboratively in addressing student needs as they pertain to advising and tutoring support and oversee dual enrollment services within CTC. • Cultivate, establish and maintain harmonious relationships with a wide variety of partners and UAF staff to support a comprehensive approach to student services; serve as the liaison and advocate between UAF and CTC concerning student success, dual enrollment and retention initiatives along with student management and investigative departments. • Conduct and facilitate regular meetings, professional development and training with student success staff within CTC. Represent CTC student success services and college to both internal and external agencies. Supervisor Student Success staff as needed to include advising and tutoring staff.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
- Strong leadership and management skills, with demonstrated ability to develop and implement new initiatives, provide budgetary oversight and supervise and evaluate employees.
- Knowledge of best practices for equity in student success and an ability to understand and apply student success data to enhance academic advising and other student success initiatives.
- Strong oral and written communication skills with a demonstrated ability to prepare written reports, correspondence and recommendations.
- Strong organizational, analytical, problem-solving, and interpersonal skills, and a commitment to customer service.
- An innovative spirit with a commitment to promoting access, diversity and academic excellence.
- Working knowledge of enrollment management principles, including development and implementation of solutions to recruitment/ retention related challenges
- Five years management/ supervisory and leadership experience in a large organization.
- Competency in computer programs including Banner, UAonline, Maxiet and Nanook Navigator.
- Five years progressively responsible experience in Higher Education Student Services/ Student Success program or experience in training and development of individuals, management/ supervisory and leadership experience in a large organization.
- Experience with data analytics; and the ability to evaluate and utilize data in planning, reporting and decision making.
- Experience working with diverse populations of students, staff, faculty and community members to create inclusive environments as well as demonstrating the ability to promote effective communication among diverse populations.
(Candidates with an equivalent combination of training and experience will be considered.)
This is a full-time, exempt staff position complete with both a competitive salary and full employee benefits package. New hires will be placed on the UA staff salary schedule, Grade 81, based on education and experience.