Job title: ELL Instructor
The ELL Instructor position is responsible for teaching English as a Second Language classes and performing related administrative functions.
*This position will require evening hours.
- Opportunities to work with with clients from all over the world
- Generous paid time off, with an additional two weeks off during the winter holidays
- Mission driven work with an established non-profit
- Professional development opportunities
- Responsible for teaching ELL classes, including lesson planning and class administration
- Assist with class and program planning
- Help with student intake, testing, and orientation of students
- Help with data tracking, recording and occasional office support
- Creating a welcoming learning environment
- Oversee evening volunteer teachers and report regularly to the Program Coordinator on evening classes
- Help with LCA fundraising events and bookstore sales as needed throughout the year
- Other duties related to this program as requested by the Director of Adult Programs.
- Attend Literacy Council and ELL meetings, end of session parties and trainings both in person and hybrid (usually on Friday afternoons)
Job Skills and Qualifications:
- 1 year of teaching experience and/or an ELL certification
- Respectful of other cultures
- Able to carry out effective classroom management
- High level of computer proficiency and willing to learn new applications
- Organized and a self-starter
- Flexible and able to problem solve when assisting students
- Has worked or volunteered with LCA for 6+ months
- Bachelor’s Degree in ELL or related field
- Ability to speak more than one language
- Experience with standardized testing
Supervised by the Director of ELL Programs
Starting Salary: $20 per/hr @ 20 hrs/wk
*Please submit a cover letter along with your resume.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $19.00 - $20.00 per hour
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: In person
Please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com to apply.