Child Care Assistance Eligibility Specialist
Location: thread CCA - 1949 Gillam way, Fairbanks, Alaska
Open Date: 12/9/19
Start Date: Immediately
Hours/Days: Permanent/Fulltime position, 40 hrs per week
52 weeks a year, non-exempt from overtime,
Eligible for all employer sponsored benefits
Salary: DOEE – Range $16.68 - $20.47 hr.
Overview of Position:
Promote the child care assistance mission – Access to affordable and safe child care is a critical support to families seeking employment, working and/or participating in educational opportunities in order to increase their employability and ultimately achieve self-sufficiency.
This position is responsible for direct case management of child care assistance families including initial applications, financial determinations, maintenance of records, completion of monthly billing and assisting families on available community resources and appropriate referrals.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- 1 year human services program experience required including work or volunteer.
- 1 year experience working with regulations, statutes, using criteria/guidelines, collections/investigations, or similar work.
- Strong written, oral, data entry and interpersonal skills.
- Possess the following abilities – adaptability, sound judgment, initiative, leadership, teamwork, follow up and information monitoring.
- Ability to use basic math, to compute and determine eligibility, ratio and percentages; and to draw and interpret graphs.
- Advanced computer skills including Excel, Microsoft Office, internet, email.
Open until filled.
Position is being advertised community and corporate wide.
For questions call Lisa McDaniel at 907-452-4267 x222
Submit applications to Lisa McDaniel:
Mailed or in person at: 1949 Gillam Way, Suite 209 Fairbanks, AK 99701