Associate Teacher FT *Credential and/or non-credential (Day Care Setting)
Full Job Description
Family Centered Services of Alaska has an immediate opening for our Smart Start Learning Center Day Care Program!
Position: Associate Teacher (Credential and/or non credential) for our Day Care Program
Monday – Friday
8:00 am to 5:00 pm
Our Smart Start Learning Center Day Care Program is seeking Associate Teachers with a background in childcare.
Ideal candidates should be energetic, compassionate, understanding, patient, resourceful, witty and organized. Associate Teachers will work with other classroom staff, Program Supervisor and Program Director.
Must be over the age of 18.
Possess excellent communication skills. Ability to communicate daily with parents, children, program manager/ assistant manager and other staff.
Must be of good character and reputation, have an understanding of the development of children and the ability to care for children, and the skills to work with children, family members, department staff, community agencies, and staff of the child care facility.
Be able to lift a minimum of 40 pounds. Maintain infant/child CPR and First Aid.
Potential employees must undergo a background check, which shows that their record is free from criminal convictions, which in the judgment for FCSA, would adversely affect their ability to work safely around children.
Preferred Minimum education includes;
CDA (Child Development Associate Certificate)
AA in Early Childhood Education
Must have 12 credits in Early Childhood
Must have a total of 12 credits
May be a combination of 9 credits in Early Childhood and 3 in either Child Psychology or Business.
May be a combination of 6 credits in early in Early Childhood and the other 6 credits can include 3 in Child Psychology and 3 in Business.
Please provide your contact number on your resume so can reach you.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $15.26 - $16.19 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Are you at least 18 years of age?
- Are you at least 21 years of age?
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Early Childhood Education: 1 year (Preferred)
- Childcare: 1 year (Required)
- English (Required)
- AA in Early Childhood Education (Preferred)
- 12 Credits total combo-Early Child,Child Psych.or business (Preferred)
- Adult CPR First Aid Card Certification (Preferred)
- Infant & Toddler CPR First Aid Certification (Preferred)
- CDA (Child Development Associate Certificate) (Preferred)
- Day Shift (Required)
- One location
Company's Facebook page:
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place