Customer Service Representative
The Customer Service Representative position offers the right candidate the opportunity to support Interior Gas Utility as a first point of contact as we interact with members of the community. Under the general direction of the Customer Service and Marketing Manager, this position is responsible for answering and routing phone calls, taking payments and assisting the team in providing great customer service to existing and potential clients, as well as members of the public.
This position is part-time October through April and full-time May through September, with full-time benefits year-round.
The IGU was formed as a community answer to an energy crisis of high heating costs and poor air quality by building a natural gas utility to bring natural gas to the community at an affordable price. The natural gas utility was established in 2012 and is governed by a seven member Board of Directors.
The IGU’s mission is to provide low cost, clean burning natural gas to the largest number of people throughout the Fairbanks North Star Borough safely, economically, and as quickly as possible. The IGU seeks an individual who will focus on facilitating public and private partnerships and share in the passion and dedication of this community vision.
The Customer Service Representative reports to the Customer Service and Marketing Manager.
- Answer and route phone calls, schedule services and support customers.
- Take payments, respond to utility history requests, and assist with billing.
- Familiarize yourself with our website, documents, and forms.
- Guide potential customers through the steps of signing up.
- Carry out administrative duties such as filing, typing, copying, binding, scanning etc.
- Exhibit polite and professional communication via phone, e-mail, and mail.
- Provide information by answering questions and requests.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma.
- 2 years of administrative experience preferred.
- Cultural competence in working with diverse populations.
- Possess a charismatic and positive attitude via phone and in person.
- Ability to prioritize and utilize time management.
- Have excellent verbal communication skills.
- Be able to multi-task.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment.
- Attention to detail and a commitment to accuracy.
- Be kind, patient, and considerate.
Physical Requirements and Hazards:
- The employee must frequently sit and stand; use hands or fingers; handle or feel; talk and hear.
- Occasionally required to reach with hands and arms and lift up to 25 pounds.
- Passing a background check and driving record review is required.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should submit their resume and a cover letter outlining their qualifications and relevant experience to email@example.com. Please include “Customer Service Representative” in the subject line.
IGU intends to recruit, employ, and retain the most qualified workforce possible. The IGU is committed to equal employment opportunity for all qualified persons without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, marital status, changes in marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, parenthood, age, or status as a disabled veteran or veteran of the Vietnam era.