Customer Service/Marketing Manager
The Interior Alaska Natural Gas Utility (IGU) is currently expanding infrastructure to provide natural gas to the Fairbanks and North Pole communities. We are seeking an experienced Customer Service/Marketing Manager to manage all communications, materials and resources for current customers and future customers inquiring about natural gas. This is an in-house staff position to develop and implement IGU's conversion and customer acquisition strategy and oversees the outreach process. The position will be based in Fairbanks, AK. Relocation assistance is not provided. The successful candidate will report to the General Manager.
▪ Serves as the point of contact for residential and commercial customers/future customers interested in the use of natural gas.
▪ Proactively communicates with potential customers to solicit new business,
▪ Establishes and maintains cooperative, productive relationships with customers, providing resources and information regarding the availability of natural gas and anticipated timeline for expansion in the region. ▪
Plans, prepares, and edits resources material for customers’ education and awareness.
▪ Produce a weekly marketing report for tracking purposes.
▪ Be a Subject Matter Expert on steps and resources needed for use of natural gas and conversion from other energy sources to natural gas.
▪ Represents IGU, as needed, at events and makes presentations to the public regarding IGU and its efforts.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND POTENTIAL HAZARDS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and stand; use hands or fingers; handle or feel; talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms and lift up to 25 pounds. This position frequently requires reading and communication through speech and writing. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
TECHNOLOGY,EQUIPMENT, SYSTEMS, AND TOOLS:
Requires advanced skills in word processing, presentation software, and spreadsheets. Requires basic skills with email and general office equipment.
CRITICAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
▪ Ability to respond appropriately, in IGU’s best interests, to a wide spectrum of customer inquiries.
▪ Ability to take complex, technical, and lengthy information originating from engineers, specialist, and management, and transform these materials into shorter, simpler, more understandable information pieces.
▪ Ability to interact with various individuals and organizations and develop professional and positive working relationships.
▪ Skills in writing speeches, talking points and PowerPoint presentations.
▪ Ability to anticipate situations requiring communication outreach, analyze the issues, develop the strategy, and direct the response.
▪ Ability to research potential sources of funding to assist with businesses and homeowners interested in becoming customers on the IGU system. Research efforts may include interaction with state and federal agency, and private lender personnel to gather information on potential funding requirements.
▪ Ability to apply for, or coordinate effort in application for, research-identified grants, loans, and other funding to support homeowner and business conversion to natural gas.
▪ Ability to represent IGU on a local Conversion Working Group (CWG) charged with coordinating utility and local government efforts to assist potential customers with conversion to natural gas and move applicable CWG or IGU-originated initiatives into implementable programs.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Marketing, or a related field preferred. Program development and management experience, grant writing and funds acquisition experience, and public outreach and customer relations experience strongly preferred. A basic understanding of the mechanics of energy systems preferred. Preference for experience with customer-oriented critical problem-solving. Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills.
APPLICATIONS: Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume and cover letter, along with additional information to:
Human Resources Attn: General Manager Interior Gas Utility 3408 International Street Fairbanks, AK 99701 Email: email@example.com The application deadline for 1st review of qualified applicants is November 30th, 2020. Both written and electronic applications will be accepted.