Cashier and Customer Service
To provide Excellence in customer service by consistently serving each customer with a smile, getting to know each customer well and being able to sell them the outstanding Great
Harvest breads and other products with ease. To develop an intuitive sense of customer service and to devote strict attention to cleanliness detail. To establish and maintain a fast pace at the counter and throughout the store while cleaning. To lead by example, be cross- trained in several positions and to handle minor problems when the owners or managers are not in the store.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
1. Exhibits JOB AND PRODUCT KNOWLEDGE sufficient to merchandise breads and other products for sale to customer.
2. Exhibits ENERGY sufficient to maintain a continuous high-level of productivity and enthusiasm while on duty and possesses the stamina to work the early-morning shifts or long afternoons regularly.
3. Exhibits STRESS TOLERANCE sufficient to perform duties with a positive attitude, even when faced with difficult or unusual pressures or circumstances.
4. Exhibits ORGANIZATIONAL SKILLS sufficient to ensure that each customer is waited on within required timeframe, orders are organized and filled each day, and products are shelved and labeled with accuracy, sales area is kept clean and uncluttered without slowing down the production flow.
5. Exhibits INITIATIVE sufficient to perform assigned duties without regular reminders; and sufficient to be actively engaged in improving the atmosphere of the bakery cafe.
6. Exhibits COST CONSCIOUSNESS sufficient to eliminate mistakes that would create non-sellable products.
7. Exhibits COMMUNICATION SKILLS sufficient to effectively give and receive information to customers, co-workers and management; and sufficient assertiveness to make needs and concerns known in a constructive way.
8. Exhibits LEADERSHIP SKILLS sufficient to lead by example, constructively direct the work of fellow employees and handle problems when they arise.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
1. Approach all aspects of job with the following priorities in mind:
- Customers always come first... they must be acknowledged and served with a sense of urgency! All customers are greeted with a smile and in a friendly manner.
- Customer/sales/dining area must be kept neat and clean
- Chores must be done routinely and consistently--prep, bagging, cleaning, etc.
2. Serve customers in a patient, cheerful way that reflects how we value our customers, our products, and our business.
3. Prioritize all chores with product quality and presentation in mind...bagging and merchandising/display of product is the top priority in chores.
4. Handle all cash transactions with 100% accuracy; handle cash according to policy! Be efficient and proficient in all aspects of POS operation-- gift cards, coupons, misrings, etc.
5. Handle all products as if they were worth 10 times their price-- handle and package with care.
6. Hustle at all times...moving fast yet neatly and safely.
7. Answer phones in a way that is consistent with our standards of customer service, using a friendly and cheerful voice.
8. Develop a sharp sense of product knowledge using assigned materials and training sessions to be able to satisfactorily answer customer's questions -- be a bread expert!
9. Take special orders properly. Name and phone # of orderer are a must. Organize orders so that production staff can fill every order on its due date.
10. Clean the store using checklists to our standards.
11. Make every effort to offer our customers service above and beyond the call of duty-- before we open, after we close, help to car, deliver if possible, etc.--to establish our store as excellent in customer service.
12. Help out in any assigned "Winning Hearts" projects or events.
13. Adhere to the dress code.
14. Be available extra hours during holiday seasons (Easter, Thanksgiving and Christmas at a minimum).
Essential functions are job duties which are critical or fundamental to the performance of the job. The term does not include functions which are performed on an occasional basis, performed by some but not all persons in the position or that are of only marginal importance. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Must be at least 16 years of age and have a phone.
2. Must be dependable and work all schedules shifts, including early morning shifts.
3. Must exhibit high standards of personal cleanliness and adhere to the dress code.
4. Must be able to perform physically strenuous tasks throughout the production shift, with or without accommodation. Must be able to smile all day, every day and enjoy it!
5. Be on time; maintain a positive attitude (must be a positive impact on bakery atmosphere and morale); maintain positive working relationship with owner, manager, and fellow crewmembers; hustle at all times... moving quickly yet neatly.
Stable work history required. Bakery cafe experience unnecessary; position will receive on- the-job training.
10.45 – 13.38
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $10.50 - $14.00 per hour
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- customer service: 1 year (Preferred)
- Food Handler Card (Preferred)
Hours per week:
- Every other week
- Store Manager
- Assistant Manager
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants under 18 years old, provided it is legally allowed for the job and location
- Open to applicants who do not have a high school diploma/GED
- A “Fair Chance” job (you or the employer follow Fair Chance hiring practices when performing background checks)
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A good job for someone just entering the workforce or returning to the workforce with limited experience and education
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
Company's Facebook page:
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible