Contract Assistant Program Manager
Contract Assistant Program Manager
Extended long-term opportunity!
Our client: An exciting opportunity to make things happen on the Ambler Access Project! This role works with the Program Manager to oversee planning and execution of permitting, design, and construction of the Project. If the Program Manager is absent, this role will step up to fulfill the management position.
If you’d like to be part of this exciting Alaskan venture, please apply here: https://peopleak.catsone.com/careers/29739-General/jobs/15265110-Temp-Contract-Assistant-Program-Manager/or email email@example.com if you qualify!
Would you like to (all tasks listed are performed in conjunction with Project Manager. Please note this list is not exhaustive):
- Manage development of all facets of project from permitting to work plans. Maintain performance of project milestones. Develop and maintain organizational structure and staffing to meet needs of all stages of project, defining resource requirements and recommending ways to meet resource needs. Manage general contractor, scope, schedule, budget and invoices
- Update project schedule and forecasting of expenditures weekly; provide KPIs
- Conduct quality control, oversight, and on-stie inspections during construction
- Administer and manage contracts, develop maintenance plan for the roadway
- Direct personnel in development of conceptual design reports, business plans and cost estimates
- Ensure coordination with and among contractors, as well as coordination of and input of stakeholders, governments, landowners, Alaska Native Tribes, Ambler Metals and others. Provide and coordinate community and stakeholder consultation, address information requests
- Develop outreach plan for inclusion in the PMP
- Other duties as assigned.
Ideally you have:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Engineering, Construction Management or related field, and a minimum of ten years of senior engineering and construction management experience.
- Experience with legal agreements, procurement, staff, contract management, budgeting, regulatory permitting/reporting, safety, and quality engineering.
- Experience with Arctic and remote setting road building design, engineering and construction and with large road projects OR experience with management of large infrastructure development/construction projects of >$100M.
- Experience with Right of Way agreement negotiation, and financing of large projects
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to adjust quickly from big-picture to daily tasks; ability to lead multi-functional teams of differing levels
- Demonstrated track record of performance overseeing road-building, design, engineering and construction
- Ability to meet and exceed challenges of complex infrastructure projects
- Advanced computer skills (word processing, database software, spreadsheets, presentations, email)
Making it worth your while:
- Long term stable employment
- Opportunity to work on a highly coveted Alaskan project
- From here, this could be the door to your own Project Management career!
Alaska Executive Search is here for you!
- Specialist recruiters, with over 50 years of combined experience
- No cost to our applicants
- Ability to look for a job while you’re still working
- Certified Staffing Consultants work for our clients, and advocate for our candidates
- Friendly Associate Recruiters working with you to present your best self