Immediately seeking an Assistant Teacher I to assist with daily program items, greeting parents and children, weekly lesson plans, implementing and participating in activities with the children, and continually maintaining a safe clean healthy learning environment for the children in care.
- Be a positive role model for staff and children. Support behavior of children with positive guidance and set clear and consistent limits to promote the children’s ability for self-control. Accept responsibility for actions.
- Prepare and implement weekly lesson plans of provided curriculum, adding activities as needed to supplement. Lesson plans are to be prepared in advance at least one week prior to posting.
- Greet every parent and every child, sharing positive experiences of the day’s activities.
- Provide positive guidance through interaction, intervention, and re-direction when necessary. Provide continuous praise and recognition to the children’s accomplishments.
- Respond appropriately to the needs of the children and staff. Including responding to a child’s cry as promptly as possible. Providing comfort to an upset child.
- Maintain an environment that encourages the children’s participation, leading activities when necessary, providing a variety of age-appropriate learning and social experiences.
- Conform to all State regulations concerning licensing. Follow DEC regulations, fire and safety procedures, as well as maintain an environment that is safe and healthy.
- Share housekeeping responsibilities to maintain a clean, orderly, workable environment.
- Maintain accurate records on children’s attendance, behavioral issues, growth and development, as well as all other paperwork concerning children enrolled in assigned classroom.
- Respond appropriately to the needs of the children.
- Be aware of children with food allergies and follow policy rules concerning substitutes.
- Sterilize classroom toys daily as needed.
- Complete a daily walk, checking all areas for safety concerns.
- Other duties as assigned.
Pay starting at $16.20-$17.19 depending on experience. Shifts available 7am-4pm; 8am-5pm; 9am-6pm.
- High school diploma or GED
- Current Alaska driver's license, good driving record
- Ability to lift a minimum of 40 pounds.
- Maintain infant/child CPR and First Aid
- Maintain current Food Handlers Card.
- Background will be viewed.
- Drug free environment
Applicants never pay fees when applying with or working for TDL Staffing
Begin your application online at www.tdlstaffing.com
Call our office for further information or with questions at 907-455-8300