Ramp Service Agent
Full Job Description
The Ramp Services Specialist will direct, coordinate, and provide a variety of aircraft services including but not limited to loading/unloading, marshaling, towing, ground power operations, cleaning, deicing, pre-heating and other ground support activities to affect the safe and efficient ramp movements of arriving and departing aircraft for the purpose of completing Company business goals as a direct Air Carrier Airline.
1. Responsible for always maintaining the safety and security of the ramp.
2. Comply with all safety requirements and airline policies related to the safe operation near or around aircraft.
3. Observe safe ground-handling procedures of ground service equipment, including the performance of pre-use operational checks & service checks/maintenance.
4. Safely drive and operate ground equipment such as tugs, tow tractors, deicing equipment, heater units, and ground power units in areas of congestion under extreme conditions.
5. Conduct marshalling and repositioning of aircraft under extreme weather conditions.
6. Responsible for maintaining a clean and organized ramp to include snow removal, FOD pickup and sweeping of the ramp.
7. Work primarily outdoors in elements such as extreme cold, heat, rain, ice, wind, and snow.
8. Safely operate machinery, work comfortably in an extremely loud environment, be able to work from heights, and several other strenuous repetitive lifting tasks.
9. Support the Cargo Department by assisting with transporting of cargo between aircraft, opening and closing of aircraft doors.
10. Assist with the maintenance repair, servicing, and cleaning of powered and unpowered equipment.
11. Any additional duties that are assigned.
1. Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
2. Exceptional verbal and interpersonal communication skills are required. Radio communication experience
in a professional environment and knowledge of airport regulations is preferred.
3. Ability to understand and react to verbal commands and safety warnings, with or without the assistance of
sight or visual aids.
4. Must be able to work outside in the airport environment where extreme outdoor conditions may be
5. Must be able to become qualified to operate all aircraft ground support vehicles and equipment.
6. The ideal candidate is detail oriented, able to work efficiently under time constraints, reliable, energetic,
enthusiastic and brings a positive attitude to work each day.
7. Able to work with minimal supervision, while maintaining focus in a congested environment with multiple
8. Must be able to work a flexible work schedule which may include night, weekend, and holiday working
hours and overtime assigned when the operation dictates.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $18.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to Commute/Relocate:
- Fairbanks, AK 99709 (Required)
- Must be willing to comply with company drug and alcohol policy.
- Driver's License (Required)
- One location
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a high school diploma/GED
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place