Ramp Service Agent
The Ramp Services Specialist will direct, coordinate, and provide a variety of aircraft services including but not limited to marshaling, deicing, towing and other ground support activities to affect the safe and efficient ramp movement of arriving and departing aircraft.
1. Responsible for maintaining the safety and security of the ramp at all times.
2. Comply with all safety requirements and airline policies related to the safe operation near or around aircraft.
3. Observe safe ground-handling procedures and maintenance of ground service equipment, including the performance of preventative maintenance checks.
4. Safely drive and operate ground equipment such as tugs, tow tractors, deicing equipment, heater units, and ground power units in areas of congestion under extreme weather conditions.
5. Conduct marshalling and repositioning of aircraft under extreme weather conditions.
6. Responsible for maintaining a clean and organized ramp including snow and F.O.D. removal.
7. Work primarily outdoors in elements such as extreme heat, cold, rain, ice, wind, and snow.
8. Safely operate machinery, work comfortably in an extremely loud environment, be able to work from heights, and several other strenuous, repetitive lifting tasks.
9. Support the Cargo Department by assisting with loading and unloading of cargo in the warehouse and from the aircraft, transporting of cargo between aircraft, opening and closing of aircraft cargo doors, and the completion of forms and paperwork related to the functions described.
10. Assist with the maintenance repair, servicing, and cleaning of powered and unpowered equipment.
11. Other duties as assigned by the Maintenance Supervisor.
1. Must be able to read, write, fluently speak, and understand the English language.
2. Exceptional written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills are required. Radiocommunication experience in a professional environment and knowledge of airport regulations is preferred.
3. Ability to understand and react to verbal commands and safety warnings, with or without theassistance of sight or visual aids.
4. Must be able to work outside in the airport environment where extreme outdoor conditions maybe encountered.
5. Must be able to become qualified to operate all aircraft ground support vehicles and equipment.
6. Be detail oriented, able to work efficiently under time constraints, reliable, energetic, enthusiasticand brings a positive attitude to work each day under a variety of extreme weather conditions.
7. Able to work with minimal supervision, while maintaining focus in a congested environment with multiple distractions under extreme weather conditions.
8. Must be able to work a flexible work schedule to include night, weekend, and holiday workinghours and overtime assigned when the operation dictates.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18.00 - $20.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
Ability to Commute/Relocate:
- Fairbanks, AK (Required)
- Driver's License (Preferred)
- One location
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a high school diploma/GED
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible