ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
Equipment Source, Inc. (ESI) designs, develops, and builds quality, innovative worksite products for the oil, mining, construction, and agriculture industries while distributing and servicing Kubota Tractor products.
Founded in 2000, ESI began as a heater reconditioning company for the North Slope oil fields. Since then, ESI has continued a tradition of innovative designs for extreme industrial applications. Our manufacturing line is mainly customer-driven, based on the ideas, input, and requests we receive. If there is a need that is not being met by current products in the market, we will design a product to fill the need.
To ensure the highest level of both quality and innovation in our designs, ESI staffs a highly qualified crew that includes mechanical engineers, certified welders, fabricators, technicians, assembly workers, painters, sandblasters, parts, and sales personnel. We provide outstanding sales, rentals, support, and maintenance.
Our goal at ESI is to ensure customers and staff enjoy a positive and professional environment with teamwork as the foundation. If you aspire to quality and excellence, we look forward to the opportunity to review your application.
Position Summary: As the Service Manager, you will oversee the service departments and help ensure that business needs are being met. You will supervise customer service associates, aid customers, and work closely with the Service Technician team to set priorities and build work schedules. The Service Manager plays an essential role in customer relations by building lasting relationships and providing efficient problem-solving for employees and customers.
- Oversee and manage employees and daily operations of the Service department.
- Developing and implementing service strategies: Service managers develop strategies to improve the quality of services provided to customers or clients. They work with their team to identify areas for improvement and develop plans to address them.
- Delegate and assign responsibilities and tasks as needed to include: Service Parts.
- Ordering – Coordinate with the Parts Manager
- Service writers and coordinators
- Service department priorities
- Filing Warranty Claim
- Service Bulletins
- Manage service customer issues
- Work closely and coordinate with Service managers from other branches.
- The hiring of service department employees and coordinator (with oversite from the Branch Manager / General Manager)
- Train service representatives about company products and services and speak with customers that have complex questions.
- Create policies and procedures to help employees effectively communicate with customers over the phone and in person.
- Oversee the warranty process and ensure claims are filed with all requirements.
- Managing service delivery: Service managers oversee the delivery of services and ensure that they are provided in accordance with customer requirements and industry standards. They monitor service performance and take corrective action when necessary.
- Communicating with customers: Service managers communicate with customers or clients to understand their needs and expectations. They work to build strong relationships with customers and address any concerns or issues they may have.
- Ensuring compliance with regulations: Service managers ensure their team complies with all relevant regulations and standards. They may work with regulatory bodies to ensure that services are delivered in accordance with legal requirements.
- Analyzing data: Service managers analyze data on service performance and customer feedback to identify areas for improvement. They use this information to develop strategies to improve service quality and customer satisfaction.
- Complete daily, weekly, monthly, semi-annual, and annual tasks and reports
- Work closely and coordinate with other departments to assist ESI team members with service needs.
- Develop and implement problem management and service improvement plans.
- Assure that customers are provided with product information and availability, estimated time, and the arrival of goods and products.
- Work with your teams to meet immediate goals of customer interaction.
- Maintain a positive attitude while leading a team of service associates in an efficient and productive manner.
- Anticipate service associate needs using proper leadership techniques and proven problem-solving methods.
- Manage all external service providers and review yearly contracts as needed to maximize profitability.
- Monitor top-tier customer problems to ensure a high level of response time and proper problem resolution.
- Complete weekly reports for following backorders, repair orders, and addressing priorities.
- Other Duties as assigned.
Education, Knowledge, and Skills:
- Valid Alaska Drivers’ License
- Driving record sufficient to meet company insurance standards
- Experience in a service environment preferred
- Experience operating equipment preferred
- Knowledge of occupational hazards and safety precautions
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision, identifying what needs to be done and following through without instruction
- Able to listen to, read, understand, and follow written and/or verbal instructions provided in English
- Able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing with management and co-workers in a positive, professional, and helpful manner, including taking instruction from multiple sources and communicating with management regarding conflict of priorities
- Able to prioritize and complete tasks in a timely manner
- Able to work effectively both independently and as part of a team
- Able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Able to physically operate a vehicle and a forklift
- Able to perform physical activities that require considerable use of arms, legs, and moving the whole body, including, but not limited to, sitting, walking, bending, squatting, stooping, twisting, kneeling, reaching, pushing, pulling, lifting, carrying, standing, and climbing and descending stairs; to operate equipment requiring repetitive hand movement and fine coordination including use of computer keyboard and/or touchpad; to verbally communicate to exchange information; to see and hear within a reasonable range for an office, sales, wash bay and/or outdoor environment with or without correction.
- Attention to Detail – being careful about detail and thorough in completing tasks.
- Integrity – being honest and ethical
- Dependability – being reliable, responsible, dependable, and fulfilling obligations
- Cooperation – being pleasant with others and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude
- Stress Tolerance – accepting criticism and dealing calmly and effectively with high-stress situations
SCHEDULE: Generally Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, with flexibility for occasional evenings and/or weekends as needed.
WAGE: $28.00 per hour
MINIMUM AGE: 21
DRUG & ALCOHOL POLICY: Equipment Source, Inc. is a drug and alcohol-free workplace.
EOE STATEMENT: Equipment Source, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, national origin, citizenship, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, parental status, marital status, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Click apply to fill out an application online.