The Receptionist is the primary point of contact for the office and provides provides general office support with a variety of clerical activities and related tasks. The receptionist will be responsible for answering incoming calls, directing calls to appropriate co-workers, mail distributions, flow of correspondence, and ordering office supplies as well as additional clerical duties.
- Greet guests in a professional, friendly, hospitable manner.
- Acts as gatekeeper as well as host to all visitors.
- Tracks visitors sign in sheets upon arrival and departure.
- Professionally administer all incoming calls.
- Ensure phone calls are screened and redirected accordingly.
- Ensures knowledge of staff movements in and out of the office.
- Provides general administrative and clerical support to the title department, escrow department and Branch Manager.
- Order office supplies, business cards and printed supplies.
- Ensure daily log of incoming and outgoing Express mail, UPS, and Fed-Ex.
- Scans all title reports and amended reports and sends them to the customers.
- Scans all reports and policies into Green Folder system.
- Scans all closed and cancelled file to Streamline system.
- Open and close visitor area (locking drawers, turning off lights). Maintains tidy reception area and breakroom and maintains stock as needed.
- Assists Building Manager with deliveries, Shred Bin service and soda / coffee / water service.
- Schedules courier pickups and received courier deliveries.
- Receives customer payments.
- Provides security for customer’s disbursements and documents.
- May also assist with other related clerical duties such as photocopying, faxing, filing, and collating.
- Revise company directory as needed.
- Adheres to company policy and guidelines.
- Provides information to callers while maintaining confidentiality.
- Work as a "team-player" with co-workers in a respectful and supportive manner.
- Seek and participate in development and training opportunities.
- Work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities. They will occasionally oversee document scanning.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Fidelity Title Agency has an office environment requiring a high degree of efficient and effective performance. At times, there may be a need to attend industry functions.Requirements
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
Strong customer service orientation.
Strong organizational skills with the ability to confidentially process and maintain data with attention to detail.
Basic administrative and professional phone skills; ability to perform related tasks.
Basic understanding of accounts payable, accounts receivable, and general invoicing best business practices.
Strong administrative and clerical skills and ability to perform related tasks; alphabetization, filing, making presentations, researching and reporting information, drafting correspondence/memos, etc.
Basic technical writing skills to effectively draft emails, memos, and correspondence.
Intermediate computer skills specifically using Microsoft Office Suite; ability to learn additional computer skills or software programs. Ability to type at least 45 words per minute.
Excellent interpersonal skills to work effectively and cooperatively with others.
Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and to effectively and professionally assist customers in this type of environment.
Effective oral and written communication skills to effectively information to others.
Ability to grasp new tasks.
Ability to work quickly with high levels of accuracy.
Ability to be detail oriented, organized, and proactively follow-up as needed.
Ability to use good judgement and make appropriate decisions.
Ability to use general office equipment such as fax, phone, copier, etc.
Strong customer service skills, including active listening, prompt service and follow-up.
Professional appearance and should be customer service driven.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Ability to perform basic math (add, subtract, multiply, divide, find ratios/percentages) quickly and correctly and read bar charts and graphs.
Ability to safely operate a motor vehicle.
High School diploma
Minimum of one (1) year experience in a clerical position.
Valid state driver’s license and be qualified to operate a vehicle under the conditions of the Company’s driving policy.
Ability to pass background screening.