Immediate position available for a Medical Transcriptionist.
The ability to type 60 words per minute is required for this position. Looking for a strong critical thinker with the ability to thrive in pressure situations.
Proficiency with EHR, Microsoft Office and speech recognition software is required as well as previous experience in clinic, hospital or other health care setting.
- Transcribe medical reports, summaries, office visit notes and other medical documents from recorded messages from health care providers
- Provide online copies of transcribed documents to physicians or other providers for review and signature, making corrections or changes as noted
- Familiarity with proper grammar, spelling and sentence structure as well as medical jargon and abbreviations for accuracy
- Work with transcription equipment that can include speech recognition equipment, word processing, and computer software
- Maintain strict adherence to patient confidentiality according to provider standards and government regulations
- Review transcription documents for quality assurance and precision to spot and correct any errors that could impact patient care and medical liability
- Create templates and enter data into electronic health record (EHR) systems for updated record keeping and archives
Pay starting at $20-$25/HR depending on experience. Monday-Friday 8am-5pm
Never an application fee with TDL StaffingBegin your application online at www.tdlstaffing.comCall our office for further information or with questions at 907-455-8300EOE
- Type 60 wpm
- Certification in medical transcription (CMT) Preferred but not required
- Proficiency with EHR, Microsoft Office and speech recognition software
- Previous experience in clinic, hospital or healthcare setting
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Background will be reviewed
- Drug free environment