Under general direction of the Director of State & Federal Programs. This position performs complex, specialized or full clerical support to an office, along with setting clerical office procedures for clerks to perform (word processing, spreadsheet building, mailings and record keeping). These tasks are performed with general directions from the supervisor while setting the priority. Must be highly organized and have ability to prioritize. Services must be provided with independence, judgment and initiative. Must understand the importance of and be able to meet deadlines.
Example of Duties
- Promote a positive image of the district providing positive public relations at all times.
- Oversee Migrant program (recruiters, database, trainings, reporting).
- Oversee Indian Education program (506 forms, database, reporting).
- Answer telephones and transfer to appropriate staff member.
- Work with supervisor to complete grant paperwork, reports, and proposals.
- Draft and revise program forms and correspondence as directed.
- Distribute mail, faxes, paperwork, and documents accurately and in a timely manner.
- Use database to generate and compile information and reports as needed.
- Request, receive, input and maintain files in Alio database for purchase orders as needed.
- Prepare and maintain files on hotel/travel arrangements for supervisors and other staff.
- Composes letters and memoranda based upon instructions.
- Gathers and compiles information and, prepares regular and recurring reports.
- Performs difficult word processing assignments such as the preparation of publications, newsletters, and district’s information handbooks.
- Coordinate and direct office services, such as records and budget preparation.
- Corresponds with parents, teachers, principals and community stakeholders in a positive, professional manner.
- Collect and maintain inventory of office equipment and supplies.
- Assists in special events which may be beyond regular office hours.
- Be able and willing to work in a fast-paced work environment.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelors Degree preferred.
Experience: A minimum of 3 years experience working with Federal or Grant programs or similar position.
- Principles and practices of administrative support procedures, to include copying, filing, organizing and communication skills.
- Correct business practices, correspondence and typing formats, including English grammar, composition, spelling and punctuation when creating letters, memos, proposals, faxes, flyers, and brochures.
- Computer systems and software in a business environment, navigate the District’s student database and Microsoft Office.
- Use of Excel and setting up spreadsheets
- Federal and State grants and budgets
Strong written communication skills; ability to write clear, structured, articulate, and persuasive proposals. Strong editing skills. Strong attention to detail.
- Meet deadlines.
- Read and comprehend statutes, regulations, policy and procedures, apply them to specific situations and explain procedures and requirements.
- Recognize errors and discrepancies, taking the appropriate action independently with authority, using decision making skills.
- Respond to inquiries or provide information to staff, board members and public with considerable tact, diplomacy and discretion in sensitive areas.
- Plan and organize record keeping and filing systems for the work area.
- Search for, select and compile/summarize data and information..
- Compare data from a variety of sources for accuracy and completeness, identify discrepancies or inaccuracies and make corrections.
- Compose memoranda and correspondence related to work.
- Establish and exhibit cooperative relations with those contacted in the course of work.
- Exhibit supportive, positive work interaction behaviors.
- Work independently and prioritize workload for self and others.
- Perform intermediate arithmetic such as formulas involving fractions, decimals, and percentages.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $19.43 to $20.63 /hour
- Data Entry: 3 years (Required)
- administrative assistant: 3 years (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Driver's (Required)
This Job Is:
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma