About The Firm
We are a financial advisory practice located in Fairbanks Alaska. Our team is cohesive, collegial, fast paced and professional. Together, we provide our clients with an extraordinarily high level of service.
This position requires a wide variety of support functions for a financial professional, thus making a significant contribution to the success of the practice. Individuals in this role support financial professionals by providing comprehensive administrative, client relations, and service support. Responsibilities defined below, but may not be all inclusive.
- Works directly with all clients on service questions and changes; handles complex issues and problems independently.
- Is resourceful and uses company reference materials and contacts fluidly.
- Maintains integrity of client record systems and vendor lists.
- Interfaces with Broker Dealer, fund companies, custodians and insurance companies.
- Delivers service to all clients, and concierge service to select groups, as directed by the financial professional.
- Returns client calls, requests, and inquires within four hours (as a goal), but no later than the next day.
- Notifies financial professional immediately of client dissatisfaction or issues needing immediate resolution.
Financial Planning and Investment Reviews
- Books client appointments, meeting weekly and monthly objectives, as outlined by the financial professionals.
- Communicates with clients on logistics and documentation required in preparation for review meetings.
- Completes financial planning input independently, and creates complete programs.
- Coordinates after meeting follow-up; writes meeting summary letter, notes in CRM, schedules action, etc.
- Assists the financial professional in maintaining a compliant practice.
- Assists with maintaining compliant files, blotters, and books and records.
- Understands and adheres to policies regarding support from wholesalers, compliance approval for documents, proper use of stationery/business cards, and other required procedures.
- Assists clients and financial professional to the extent possible based on licensing and/or registrations.
- Helps keep financial professionals on track regarding daily, weekly, monthly, and/or quarterly client and staff goals.
- Prepares general correspondence as directed by the financial professional, or when necessary to provide service to clients.
- Provides marketing support, and helps with inputting and maintaining data base and coordinating client mailings.
- Works with Compliance Manager to ensure advertising material is submitted for approval prior to use.
- Creates professional looking documents in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint for various projects.
- Interacts with associates and clients in a courteous and respectful manner to create a consistent, predictable, and positive work atmosphere.
- Takes action on office priorities in a proactive way and/or brings pressing items to the attention of the financial professionals promptly.
- Assist financial professionals and teammates. Is coachable and receptive to feedback.
- Is attentive to detail, and a great written and oral communicator.
- High School diploma required.
- Some post-secondary schooling preferred or equivalent work experience.
One to five years of administrative experience preferred.
The candidate must possess a professional and approachable demeanor, and the ability to handle conflicting priorities.
The skill sets required for this position include interpersonal, oral and written communication, strong technology acumen, spelling and grammar; good math, accounting, research, analysis, planning and organizational skills.
Due to the current pandemic our office is currently working almost exclusively remotely.
Applicant must be willing and capable of working from home until which time we believe it is safe and prudent to transition back to a more traditional, in-office, work environment. As such the candidate will be required to attend daily zoom meetings, complete training on-line (both individually and in a virtual group settting), and perform the daily tasks assigned from home in a professional and consistent manner that the job requires.
Email your resume, cover letter (we’d love to see your communication skills) and salary history.
This financial planner is a registered representative of Lincoln Financial Advisors Corp.
Securities and investment advisory services offered through Lincoln Financial Advisors Corp., a broker-dealer (member SIPC) and registered investment advisor. Insurance offered through Lincoln affiliates and other fine companies.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $17.00 - $20.00 per hour
- Monday to Friday
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
- Waiting period may apply
- Yes, temporarily due to COVID-19