Executive and Finance Coordinator
Full Job Description
Title: Executive and Finance Coordinator Status: Full Time/Non-exempt
Department: Administration Date: June 2014
( Revised May 2019)
Reports to: Director of Finance and Administration; President & CEO
Explore Fairbanks Mission: “To be an economic driver in the Fairbanks region by marketing to potential visitors and optimizing the visitor experience.”
Position Summary: The Executive and Finance Coordinator assist the Director of Finance and
Administration and the President and CEO in the day-to-day executive, financial and administrative operations of Explore Fairbanks.
1. Assist the President and CEO in communications with the Explore Fairbanks Board of Directors, staff, stakeholders and the public.
2. Maintain a database of community contacts/stakeholders to be shared among Explore Fairbanks staff.
3. Prepare and assemble Explore Fairbanks Board of Director information including Board packets and manuals.
4. Assist the Nominations Committee Chair with the annual Explore Fairbanks Board Nominations process in conjunction with President and CEO.
5. Assist President and CEO with preparation and follow-up of Explore Fairbanks Board meetings, taking and transcribing minutes, in addition to auditory recording of meeting.
6. Update the Explore Fairbanks Bylaws, Standing Rules, Policies and Procedures manual as the Explore
Fairbanks Board approves changes and maintain Board records.
7. Maintain Explore Fairbanks Board and Committee lists.
8. Assist the President and CEO with logistics and program development for the annual Explore Fairbanks Board and Staff retreats, Board orientation and other meetings as required.
9. Assist the President and CEO with annual preparation and delivery of: required information packets for elected bodies, including Strategic Plan, Year-to-Date Reports and other pertinent materials.
10. Assist the Director of Finance and Administration with Explore Fairbanks financial functions, providing a system of checks and balance.
11. Bi-weekly gather and review time sheets for proper documentation (OT and leave forms) and managerial approval; check for accuracy and enter payroll hours into database
12. Prepare deposit slips for revenue per Board of Director approved procedures.
13. Process Accounts Payable in a timely manner, prepare for approval by Director of Finance and Administration and/or President and CEO; record in Denali Fund Accounting software, pay bills and file hard copies.
14. Assist in preparing the grant reports by tracking expenditures; verifying grant eligibility; balancing audit trail and spreadsheet for reports.
15. Assist the Director of Finance and Administration with preparation and follow-up of Finance and Planning
Committee meetings, taking and transcribing notes.
16. Assist the Director of Finance and Administration with audit preparation.
17. Assist the Director of Finance and Administration with preparation and follow-up of Audit Committee meetings, taking and transcribing notes.
18. Greet Visitors to Suite 201 Marketing and Administrative Offices.
19. Route incoming and inter-office mail and phone calls to the appropriate parties.
20. Inventory and purchase supplies and equipment for the Explore Fairbanks staff and the Board of Directors, research cost effective purchasing of supplies and equipment
21. Oversee Explore Fairbanks equipment maintenance and monthly status of accounts for postage and copying
22. Oversee Explore Fairbanks staff communications, maintaining the shared Explore Fairbanks Outlook,
MTCVC calendar, GoToMeeting software, staff lists including MTCVC Explore Fairbanks portion, and informing staff of upcoming events.
23. Coordinate of monthly birthday celebrations.
Partnership Development Duties
24. Working with Partnership Development Department to processing Accounts Receivable entering invoices into
Simpleview, tracking Accounts Receivable outstanding amounts; and reporting the information to the Director of Finance and Administration, Director of Visitors Services and Partnership Development and/or President and CEO.
General Duties and Standards
25. Ensure confidentiality of sensitive matters and materials such as files, records, or conversations pertaining to personnel, board, accounting, partnership development or other sensitive issues.
26. Ensures that the Explore Fairbanks branding guidelines are incorporated into marketing messages and promotional materials.
27. Contributes to the overall performance measurement goals of the Administrative Department.
28. Assist with data entry, filing, typing and proofreading as necessary.
29. Maintain written procedures for position.
30. Perform other duties or organization projects as assigned.
- College degree or the work experience with an accounting background.
- Must pay attention to detail, be organized, dependable and have the ability to work independently.
- Must type/keyboard 60 wpm and possess excellent grammar and proofreading skills.
- Extensive knowledge of PC’s, including excel and database software.
- Must have good interpersonal communication skills and be a team player.
- Good customer service skills and a general knowledge of the visitor industry.
- Must be available to work 40 hours/week with occasional overtime.
- Must possess a valid Alaska Driver’s license.
- Must possess and show proof of car insurance.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must be able to lift and transport items weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Professional dress required.
Fairbanks is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Disclaimer: The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by the employee(s) within this job. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employee(s) assigned to this job.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Up to $20.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Morris Thompson Cultural and Visitors Center requires all staff and visitors to abide by safety protocols.
- One location
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place