Bookkeeper - Office Manager
Information Insights, Inc. Bookkeeper-Office Manager
January 20, 2021
Open until filled. First screening: February 8, 2021
Information Insights is seeking a ¾ to full-time Bookkeeper-Office Manager to join our team. We
welcome candidates who excel in a collaborative work environment and are able to maintain
positive, professional relationships with coworkers, clients, and subcontractors. A strong
attention to detail and a commitment to creating high quality work product are highly desired.
This position is responsible for carrying out the day-to-day operations of the office, bookkeeping
and financial records including payroll, supporting administration of consulting and project work,
and keeping corporate filings current. This position also provides a unique opportunity to be part
of a collaborative company-wide effort to develop, organize, and maintain systems that will
advance the company into its next 20 years of providing quality consulting.
Who we are
We are a small firm based in Fairbanks, Alaska, with over 20 years invested in expanding our
clients’ capacity to fulfill their objectives through custom research and impartial analysis,
strategic and business planning, public outreach, and administrative and program support. We
offer a full range of public engagement and facilitation services in both rural and urban Alaska.
Our clients are municipalities, tribes, state and federal agencies, and nonprofit organizations
and businesses of all sizes. We do this in a highly-collaborative work environment that is
family-friendly and supportive.
Core Responsibilities and Reporting
● Reports to the Business & Accounting Manager
● Business Administration responsibilities include ensuring company documentation and
filings are current, administrative support for project work, office organization
● Bookkeeping responsibilities include maintaining all accounts payable and receivable,
payroll and tax reporting, employee benefit coordination, invoicing, project and business
● Office Management responsibilities include maintaining all systems and technology that
ensure to the greatest degree possible uninterrupted business operations, researching
solutions and troubleshooting when challenges arise with technology or equipment
● 5+ years of prior work experience in bookkeeping or accounting or comparable
combination of education and experience
● Experience with successfully administering or managing a small office
● Experience with accounts payable / receivable, payroll, and general ledger
● Demonstrated commitment to professional and respectful workplace communication
● Demonstrated experience working with Quickbooks
● Knowledge and understanding of GAAP
● High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office and Google software and applications
● Experience handling sensitive or confidential information
What We Offer
● Salary: $23-28/hour DOE
● Status / Classification: Regular Nonexempt
○ Paid leave (pro-rated based on FTE): 7 paid holidays, 80 hrs paid personal leave
○ Option to contribute to employer managed 401k retirement plan after first year of
● Flexible workplace with core hours
● Opportunity for growth within the company
The majority of the responsibilities for this position cannot currently be done remotely.
Information Insights has developed a Coronavirus Workplace Guidelines & Response Plan and
adheres to current local, state, and federal guidance on workplace safety regarding Covid-19.
How to Apply
● Cover letter
● Three professional references with complete contact information
In your cover letter, please address the knowledge, skills, and abilities that would make you a
strong candidate for our small non-profit, focused on conservation, in Interior Alaska. The
résumé and cover letter should be no more than two pages each. Application materials should
be sent to email@example.com with a subject line: Job Application_Last Name_First Name. All
attachments should be sent in a pdf format.
Link to full Job Description: https://www.infoinsights.com/jobs/