Accountant / Assistant Controller
Employment Status: Exempt; Full-Time
Work Schedule: Monday – Friday, 8am – 5pm
Minimum Pay Range: $63,250 - $78,000 per year DOE
The Accountant is responsible for supporting the Controller with accounting related functions including monthly/quarterly reporting, account reconciliations, accounts payable, and payroll. This position is the identified successor to the current Controller. The ideal candidate demonstrates strong proficiency in accounting principles and practices and has a desire to grow within the accounting career path to eventually manage the accounting department at the Bank.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance preferred or an equivalent combination of training, education and/or experience in the accounting/finance field.
- CPA preferred but not required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of GAAP.
· Must demonstrate poise, tact and diplomacy in handling sensitive and confidential information.
· Must be able to interact and communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization in a clear, professional, and friendly manner.
· Work requires continual attention to detail in composing, typing and proofing materials; establishing priorities; and, managing multiple deadlines.
· Must be able to work with little supervision and use independent judgment.
· Demonstrate commitment, dependability and respect for other employees with regular attendance and punctuality.
· Ability to multi-task and remain organized.
Member FDIC and Equal Opportunity Employer