Electronics Recycling Workday
Name: Electronics Recycling WorkdayDate: January 18, 2020Time: 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM AKSTWebsite: http://www.iagreenstar.org/volunteerEvent Description:Green Star hosts a volunteer work party every Saturday to help us process the electronic recyclables collected by the borough at their Central Recycling Facility. Come help keep electronics out of our landfills - and learn a thing or two along the way!
Once a week (Saturday) at 1101 Well St in the Alaska Communications Systems Warehouse. Volunteer orientation begins at 10 am and 1 pm. Standard shifts are three hours, but you are welcome to stay as long as you'd like! Please arrive just before 10 am or 1 pm to receive information about the day's tasks.
Training is provided on-site. There is food and coffee available for volunteers.
The following are some of the volunteer tasks at our E-Recycling weekend:
- Cutting cords off devices & sorting them
- Unloading electronics from the borough’s totes
- Sorting and packaging electronics to prepare them for shipment
- Dismantling and destroying computer hard drives
- Sorting and preparing batteries for shipment
- Check out the Electronics Recycling page for more information, or sign up to volunteer at our weekly events.
It’s only with the help of fantastic volunteers like you that Green Star can help Fairbanks reduce waste and increase recycling! Whether you’re a student, professional or retiree, you will fit right in! One thing we all have in common is a commitment to a healthy and beautiful environment.
For more information on what e-recycling volunteering entails, go to our website for links to our training manual and waiver http://iagreenstar.org/volunteer/