Grocery/In-Stock Purpose: If you take pride in a job well done and enjoy tasks that revolve around structure and consistency, you are just the type of person we’re looking for to fill one of our In-Stock positions. As a member of the In-Stock team, you will act as the backbone of the store by providing departments with the merchandise they need and customers with the products they want. The In-Stock team is vital to ensuring the success of the store as a whole, and as an In-Stock team member, you will be an important part of helping to make your store a better place to work and shop day in and day out.
Positions within our Grocery/In-Stock Department Include:
- DSD Receiver
- Grocery Clerk
- Grocery Clerk-Night
- Home Department Apparel Clerk
- Home Department Clerk
- Natural Foods Clerk
- Beer/Wine/Spirits (Liquor) Clerk
In-Stock Job Duties Vary by Position and May Include:
- Create an environment that enables customers to feel welcome and appreciated by answering questions regarding products sold.
- Process customer transactions quickly, accurately, and efficiently and provide them with fresh products that they have ordered.
- Recommend products to customers to ensure they get the products they want and need.
- Collaborate with fellow associates and promote teamwork to help achieve company and store goals.
- Stay current with present, future, seasonal and special ads.
- Assist in training department associates on maintaining inventory and stocking products.
- Assist cashiers with price checks and product replacement duties and by scanning and processing customer orders, processing tender and coupons, and following Front End scanning procedures.
- Label, stock and inventory department merchandise.
- Assist with daily, weekly and monthly price changes by updating shelf tags and signs.
- Plan, organize and supervise the inventory process and maintain an awareness of inventory and stocking conditions; note any discrepancies in inventory.
- Manually attach price labels with a labeling machine.
- Stock aisles; build and maintain displays.
- Assure the department and backrooms are clean and orderly.
Skills/Qualifications: Ability to handle stressful situations, effective communication skills, knowledge of basic math.