|JOB SUMMARY: Under the supervision of the Executive Assistant, the Administration Department Intern will gain valuable experience learning about the current business environment, as well as policies that affect Doyon, Limited’s business activities. One of the primary focuses of this internship will involve a large-scale project encompassing all aspects of planning and coordinating a large fundraising event. Additional projects would entail the categorizing of business documents on the server and creating correspondence templates for the administrative staff.
• Provide vital assistance for various projects including but not limited to; donations program, event planning, marketing and sponsorship of fundraising, corporate communications, and Doyon public events
• Work in coordination with administrative staff to plan events in Fairbanks
• Work independently under general direction on a wide variety of projects
• Support members of Doyon, Limited or any Doyon Family of Company Senior Manager as needed
• Perform special projects as assigned
DOYON LIMITED CORE COMPETENCIES:
• Commitment to Excellence – Identifies what needs to be done and takes action to achieve a standard of excellence beyond job expectations.
• Corporate Values- Understand, embraces, and integrates Doyon corporate values into everyday duties and responsibilities.
• Customer Service – Identifies and responds to current and future client needs by providing excellent service to internal and external clients.
• Safety and Security – Promotes a safe work environment for co-workers and customers.
• Teamwork – Resourceful team player that builds, strengthens, and maintains collaborative relationships with others inside or outside the organization.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES:
• Administrative Skills- Performs a variety of responsible and confidential office, clerical and professional administrative duties.
• Attention to Detail- Ensures one's own and others’ work and information are complete and accurate.
• Communication Skills- Listens, writes, and speaks effectively, and positively relates and interacts with co-workers and others
• Independence- Works with minimal supervision.
• Time Management- Manages time effectively when accomplishing tasks, projects, and goals.
• Planning and Organizing- Systematically develops plans, prioritizes, organizes and manages resources in order to accomplish business goals within a specific time period.
• Problem Solving- Anticipates and identifies problems, distinguishes between symptoms and causes, and determines alternative solutions involving varied levels of complexity, ambiguity and risk.
• Willingness to Learn- Willing to learn new skills or techniques to meet the demanding changes of job duties and responsibilities.
• Freshman or higher student in good standing
• Minimum 3.0 overall GPA
• Must be a Doyon Shareholder
• Valid Driver’s license, ready access to a registered vehicle and must be able to provide proof of state required insurance on registered vehicle
SKILLS INTERN WILL OBTAIN:
• Intern will obtain essential skills in organizing, planning, writing, researching and networking.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT: The majority of work is performed in a professional office setting with a wide variety of people with differing functions, personalities and abilities.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The work is generally sedentary, requiring routine walking, standing, bending and carrying items weighing less than forty pounds. [Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions].
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION: It is Doyon’s business philosophy and practice to provide reasonable accommodations, according to applicable state and federal laws, to all qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities.
PREFERENCE STATEMENT: Doyon grants preference to qualified Doyon Shareholders first, and second to qualified shareholders of other Alaska Native corporations that grant a similar preference in all phases of employment and training, which include, but are not limited to hiring, promotion, layoff, transfer, and training.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
A review of this position has excluded marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills or abilities.
This job description is not an employment agreement or contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship. Management has the exclusive right to alter the scope of work within the framework of this job description at any time without prior notice.