The Training and Development Specialist is a dynamic position that develops, evaluates, and monitors training programs across the company to achieve long and short-range training goals established by the Senior Training and Development Manager. The Training and Development Specialist collaborates with subject matter experts to design and develop complex–level interactive courseware for training. The Training and Development Specialist will facilitate learning experiences in multiple delivery methods including, but not limited to, eLearning, instructor-led training in both in-person and virtual environments. The Training and Development Specialist will possess a strong educational background with emphasis in aerospace training and extensive experience in managing training and development programs. The Training and Development Specialist will be knowledgeable of all training-related regulations and industry standards in order to plan, organize, and develop training and development programs for all employee groups within the company.
1. Responsible for the development, implementation, and ongoing evaluation of company training programs.
2. Develops online courses through the application and utilization of adult learning principles and eLearning tools.
3. Works with subject matter experts and existing training to create engaging online content to facilitate the achievement of organizational goals.
4. Monitors and evaluates the quality and effectiveness of learning and development programs to ensure they align with strategic need, are applicable to the work and an efficient use of time.
5. Monitors regulatory requirements for employee training and competence to ensure that all requirements are met, tracked, and documented as required by FAA, PHMSA, DOT, OSHA, or company policy.
6. Provides input to the training strategy and the development of specific training development plans.
7. Plans training courses and sessions and monitors associated training costs.
8. Collaborates with the external training vendors and delivers tailored training programs and courses.
9. Develops and conducts train-the trainer programs to prepare company instructors to facilitate learning experiences. Provide constructive feedback and comments captured on the post training surveys to all instructors.
10. Build an organizational culture in which passion for continuous improvement is innate.
1. Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience related to instructional design, adult learning theory, training techniques.
2. 2+ years learning and development experience.
3. Ability to develop instruction for both instructor-led and online learning formats.
4. Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills.
5. Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
6. Effective time management and organizational skills.
7. Work independently as well as in a team environment.
8. Excellent computer skills and analytical abilities.
9. Experienced in learning management systems as well as providing online/virtual learning.
10. Advanced skills and knowledge of Microsoft PowerPoint.
11. Strong planning and organizational skills related to scheduling and tracking course completion.
1. Strong knowledge and application of adult learning theory and instructional design principles with a focus on eLearning/virtual design and training methodologies utilizing the latest interactive learning technologies.
2. Flexible and able to multi-task while working in a collaborative, team environment.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $60,000.00 /year
- Training: 1 year (Required)
- Bachelor's (Required)
- Driver's License (Preferred)
- United States (Required)