Are you interested in serving on the Greater Fairbanks Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors?
Serving on a Board of Directors can be a rewarding experience. The Fairbanks Chamber is seeking individuals interested in helping our team advance the mission and goals of our organization. Here are some things you will likely want to know before saying “YES”!
The Greater Fairbanks Chamber of Commerce represents our members by advocating for a healthy economic environment and by building partnerships that promote the greater Fairbanks area as an attractive place for business and community.
President/CEO plus 5 staff members
Board of 21 Elected Directors, 4 appointed Directors, and 9 Seated Directors
Executive Committee, Finance Committee, Elections & Nominations Committee plus 6 advocacy committees including:
- Cost of Healthcare Insurance
- Education & Workforce Development
- Energy, Environment and Natural Resources
- Government Relations
- Military Affairs
- Transportation Infrastructure
Time Commitment: 2-5 hours/month
Meetings: 12-18 Meetings annually, generally at noon on a Monday
Term: 3 years
Other: Committee engagement is recommended
- Fundraising – sell three books of yellow/pink rubber duckie tickets each year
- Membership - your business must be a Chamber member
Application Review Date: August 23